2817 Sow Love

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. Ruth 1:16-17a ESV

When Judah experienced a famine, Elimelech and his wife Naomi went to stay in the neighbouring Moab. Unfortunately, Elimelech died there, leaving Naomi with her two sons and their Moabite wives, Orpah and Ruth. Then her two sons died as well, leaving her on her own with the Moabite girls. Bitter and abandoned, she decided to return home. She told her daughters-in-law to remain behind and look for husbands again. Orpah decided to stay, but Ruth refused. She already had accepted the Lord as her God and loved her mother-in-law. Her heart was so beautiful! Her striking words in this verse are still often repeated at weddings.

When they came back to Judah, the Lord honoured Ruth’s attitude. The way she acted to Naomi was returned to her in every respect. The lesson is this: what you sow, you reap. If you sow goodness, you will reap love!

Loving Lord, give me a sincere and loving heart. Help me to show love, in even the most difficult circumstances, with even the most difficult people. There is no better way to live! You will take care of the harvest it will bring. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Sow love, reap love.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8411286859?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –