2818 Blind Faith

At midnight the man was startled and turned over, and behold, a woman lay at his feet! He said, “Who are you?” And she answered, “I am Ruth, your servant. Spread your wings over your servant, for you are a redeemer.” Ruth 3:8-9 ESV

Naomi and Ruth, her Moabite daughter-in-law, were back in Israel but without any support or care. Their only hope was Boaz, a wealthy family member. If he would marry one of them, they would be taken care of and their property could remain in the family. Such a “nearest kinsman” was called a “redeemer”. One night, during the barley harvest, Ruth made herself pretty and crept into Boaz’s bed, just lying there. Nothing sexual was intended; she simply surrendered herself to his mercy, taking refuge “under his wing”. When Boaz saw her childlike trust, his heart melted. He took care of them and also married Ruth.

Was Ruth's behaviour shocking? Perhaps. However, by this she joined a group of people in the Bible who had “chutzpah”: all-out, audacious acts of trying for something, throwing caution to the wind, courageous now-or-never behaviour that could either succeed or totally fail. In the Bible such behaviour often had a good outcome. Chutzpah is blind faith, and faith is always good because it puts its trust in God!

Lord Jesus, You are my nearest kinsman, my Redeemer! Cover me, Lord, with Your mantle of grace; save me! I put my faith in You completely. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Faith takes a risk!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8414889882?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –