2819 Pour It Out

But Hannah answered, "No, my lord, I am a woman troubled in spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but I have been pouring out my soul before the LORD. 1 Sam. 1:15 ESV

Hannah was childless. In ancient times this presented serious problems for women, since a woman’s worth and security were tied to her children. That is why, here, Hannah was weeping in the tabernacle before God. Eli, the high priest, first thought she was drunk, to which she replied that she was deeply troubled. She had been “pouring out her soul” before the Lord. On hearing this, Eli blessed her, praying that God would intervene in her situation. Shortly afterwards she became pregnant with Samuel, whom she dedicated to God from birth.

Let us also learn to pour out our hearts and souls to God! We can pray with much more passion: with our tears, our joy, our questions, our desperation, our gratitude. Modern man has become far too reserved; in Biblical times people lived much more emotionally, including in their prayers. It is so liberating, so cleansing, so therapeutic! Is your spirit troubled? Your heart heavy? Pour out your soul before God!

Loving Father, thank you that You are always there for me. Thank you that You always listen, always understand, always care. Thank you that I can pour out my heart before You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Emotions are liberating.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8418453689?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –