2820 Also Your Name

And the LORD came and stood, calling as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant hears.” 1 Sam. 3:10 ESV

Samuel was given into the Lord’s service already as a young boy and lived at the tabernacle. During that time, the tabernacle was put up at Shiloh, in the vicinity of what was later known as Jerusalem. The tabernacle complex was most probably walled in and included several buildings and adjacent rooms. One night, as Samuel was lying in his room in the courtyard, he heard the Lord's voice clearly calling his name. Eventually he answered the way Eli taught him.

Today, let us underline the following truth: the Lord is also calling your name! Many have had the experience of physically hearing their name called by God. Whether you heard it that way or not, God is calling you! As with Samuel He has a message for you, one of guidance and encouragement. Do the following spiritual exercise in your quiet time: as you sit in the silence before God, “hear” – by faith – how He is calling your name. Answer, then, “speak Lord…” Listen closely: what is it that the Lord wants to tell you?

Speak, Lord, speak Your words of guidance and insight, speak encouragement and love. Help me to discern Your voice and not just hear my own thoughts. Also speak with me through Your Word, through my circumstances, through other people. I have such a need to hear Your voice again! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: Speak Lord; Your servant is listening.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8421801487?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –