2822 Till Now – and Further

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer; for he said, “Till now the LORD has helped us.” 1 Sam. 7:12 ESV

Samuel organized a mass assembly for the whole of Israel at Mizpah. There they confessed their sins and restored their relationship with God. When the Philistines learned that all of Israel was convened at one place, they launched an attack, but God gave Israel victory over them. To remind them of it, Samuel erected a stone which he called Ebenezer (“stone of help”) because, he said, “Till now the Lord has helped us.” From that day onward the Israelites gradually drove back the Philistines, their archenemy, and eventually conquered them.

Take a bird's eye view of your life. Was the Lord faithful till now? Did He carry you through? Of course He did! If you find yourself, at the moment, at a critical time in your life, perhaps facing a difficult decision or challenges, you can take a stone as well and write Ebenezer with the date on it. It will remind you that the Lord will continue to carry you through, continue to help you and guide you. Do not doubt it or fear for a moment!

Heavenly Father, thank you that I can fully trust in You. In the same way You were with me till now, You’ll be with me still. You do not change! I can trust You, Lord, and I do trust You! I put my life in Your hands, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I trust God with my future.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8436622875?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –