2823 Obedience Is Better

And Samuel said, “Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.” 1 Sam. 15:22 ESV

In a battle against the Amalekites, King Saul made a big mistake. Samuel told him beforehand that it would be a holy war and that the enemy, as well as all the spoils, had to be completely destroyed. However, Saul spared the king's life and also kept the best of the cattle “as a sacrifice”, according to him. When Samuel heard this, he was furious. “God does not want your sacrifices, Saul, He wants your obedience!” On that day, the Lord declared that He was going to take away Saul's kingdom.

We need to be clear on this: God requires obedience! Do not think the grace we have received in Christ excuses us from being obedient. No, Christ helps us, through regeneration and the working of His Spirit, to become more obedient! Remember, no amount of religion can make up for simple obedience. Ask the Lord what you should do, and then do it!

Heavenly Father, lead me, through Your Word and Your Spirit, to understand Your will for me. Then, help me to become obedient to it. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I want to be obedient.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8439121277?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –