2824 Not with Sword or Spear

…and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's, and He will give you into our hand. 1 Sam. 17:47 ESV

Goliath the Philistine, measuring 2.25 meters, challenged the Israelites to a duel. Everyone was afraid of him! For days he carried on, insulting the Israelites and their God. When David, who happened to be on the scene, heard this, it angered him. With five small stones for his slingshot, he engaged Goliath and defeated him, against all odds. Take note, however:

• David had a different perspective. His words testify of deep spiritual insight. He did not just see a battlefield and soldiers; he saw a greater reality. He realized that God was involved, that it was His battle – a battle that could not be lost.
  • Of course, David still had to fight. He had to confront the giant and look him in the eyes. And that is what he did: he fought the foe, but he was not alone. His God was with him.

You also face giants on your path, don’t you, obstacles, challenges. Take what you have, though, and do what you can with it. Then trust the Lord for the rest. That is what faith does!

Faithful God, thank you for being with me. Thank you for equipping me with strength and courage. Help me to face the giants in my life with great faith, to look the enemy in the eye and tell him, This battle belongs to the Lord!” In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: This battle belongs to the Lord!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8444171884?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –