2826 Expect Love

...but My steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 2 Sam. 7:15 ESV

David wanted to build a temple for God, a “house”, but God refused because of the blood on David’s hands. However, God promised, through His prophet Nathan, to build David a “house”, a dynasty. The “House of David” would rule into perpetuity. What a promise! And that’s how it was: after centuries of Davidic rule, Israel’s kingship went over onto Christ, the “Son of David.” He rules forever, indeed! It is beautiful that God committed His “steadfast love” to David’s lineage. If they would sin, they would be punished, but God would never forsake them. He would remain involved.

Let’s recap this fact: Christ is the fulfillment of all these promises! He took the punishment of sin so that we don’t have to. Because of the cross, therefore, we don’t expect God’s punishment anymore; no, we expect His “steadfast love”, His “loving-kindness”. God’s unconditional love and His all-encompassing involvement remain His covenant promise. In fact, He promises this to you again, today.

Faithful God, thank you for the covenant between You and me, through Jesus Christ. Thank you that He has taken over my case completely: my sin, my strengths, my whole life, my future. He manages it through His Holy Spirit. Thank you, above all, for Your steadfast love. Your loving kindness endures forever! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

MEDITATE TODAY: I expect God’s love.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2020 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

8472208294?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –